1.2.0 (Beta 3)05 May 2021
1.1.1 (Stable)12 Mar 2021
Release 1.2.0 Beta 3
05 May 2021
- Improved automation support
- Bidirectional parameter syncing between AG plugin and DAW as well as AG plugin and AG server.
- Support for recording automation runs via plugin UI as well as the generic editor.
- Enables rendering of parameter movements in the generic editor and the remote UI.
- This should resolve #485.
- Added “Keep Plugin UI Open” option
- Allow the user to choose if the plugin UI should be opened automatically.
- Fixed settings menu #511.
- Minor UI fixes
- Hide cached plugins with a disabled format
- Fixed default I/O layout for plugin chains
Release 1.2.0 Beta 2
21 Apr 2021
- Added an option for audio/MIDI transfer on play/rec only
- Reverts back to 1.1 behaviour where audio and MIDI data gets transferred always
- Resolves the issue of instruments only playing when the DAW is in replay/record mode
- Resolved “DAW hanging” issue on Windows when the tray app is not installed correctly
- Added error message to inform the user to fix the installation
- Fixed Windows installer where the tray app was not installed correctly when upgrading from 1.1
- Allow MIDI only instruments
- Fixed AudioStreamer issue that could crash the plugin/DAW
- Filter presets to match creation mode (FX, instrument, MIDI)
- Simple idling of the screen worker for no capturing instead of running the capturing routine
Release 1.2.0 Beta 1
17 Apr 2021
- NEW Sandboxing: Each AG plugin (chain) will run in a dedicated server process.
- A crashed remote plugin will only affect a single AG chain, rather than killing the entire server.
- Complex sessions load much faster due to real parallel loading of remote plugins.
- NEW Local mode: Improved UI experience when running server and DAW on the same computer. (Use this in combination with sandboxing to have multiple parallel plugin UIs!)
- NEW Sidechain and multi-channel (16in/16out) support.
- Plugin/Server handshake: True passive mode, all connections will be opened from the plugin to the server, which will allow a server to be behind a gateway and will simplify the network setup.
- Added universal binaries for macOS.
- NEW Presets:
- Store/Load FX chains or instruments as presets.
- Set an FX preset as default to be auto-loaded with a new AG plugin instance.
- NEW Tray App:
- Consolidating FX and Instrument plugins into one monitor window.
- Support for reconnecting all plugins in one step.
- NEW Automation assign/unassign all command.
- Always open a Plugin UI.
- Use Generic Editor automatically when a plugin has no UI.
- Improve UI contrast for activated insert.
- Show the server address (IP) for multiple servers with same name.
- Added close button for plugin windows.
- Fix: Disable screen recording permission check for macOS 10.7
12 Mar 2021
- NEW Pro Tools AAX support on macOS (Intel) and Windows
- Updated JUCE to 6.0.7 (this should resolve compatibility issues with macOS 10.7)
29 Jan 2021
- NEW selectable screen capturing quality settings
- Make the splash screen fade out to make starting the server more recognisable
- NEW UI zoom allows for resizing the plugin UI
- NEW Fullscreen button to capture the full remote desktop
- Improved plugin search (search by company/category, use space to separate multiple search terms)
- Show the buffer size (blocks) in the plugin monitor to have a better view on the progress of changing the buffering setting
- Fixed a race condition that could crash the DAW when loading a session
- Fixed search window positioning on secondary screens
Release 1.1 Beta 11
18 Jan 2021
- NEW macOS Big Sur support for Apple Silicon (arm64) – This is experimental as I don’t have the hardware and can’t test these builds!
- Increased backwards compatibility of the plugin to macOS 10.7
- Reduced dynamic dependencies of the linux build (via static linking)
- Provide binaries without macOS/Windows installers as well
- Upgraded JUCE to 6.0.5
- For macOS: The code signing cert has changed, so you will have to re-grant the accessibility and screen recording permission to AG server.
- Show server ID passed at the commandline in the settings
- Added an option to enable/disable parallel loading of plugins (the default is OFF now, which slows down loading a large session by increasing stability hopefully)
- Increased plugin ID backwards compatibility (should resolve #275)
- NEW Plugin search
- NEW Channel colors (supported by VST3 only)
- Option to disable server side channel matching of remote plugins (enable this, if the AG plugin does not show all plugins)
- Fixed I/O performance issue (fixes #257)
Release 1.1 Beta 10
06 Dec 2020
- Remember window positions
- Metrics improvements and fixes
- Automatically clean up core dumps
- Fixed black listing of plugins that crashed during the scan
- Improved plugin bypass handling (added latency compensation)
- Improved I/O layout handling
- NEW Plugin Monitor: Show connection states and processing latencies of plugin instances
- Settings sync updates remote plugin settings every 10s to avoid loosing them
- Fixed bounds check in processBufferBypassed which could crash the host if called before updateLatency (should fix #229)
- Minimized locking at audio processing time
- Never loose audio chunks which should fix broken mixdown issues
Release 1.1 Beta 9
23 Nov 2020
- Reimplemented tracing to use memory mapped files. (It’s fast enough now to keep it enabled all the time. This allows for catching bugs occurring for the first time.)
- Extended and refactored metrics support (added network I/O and timeouts)
- Enable full core dumps for macOS, Windows and Linux (see https://audiogridder.com/bug-report-diagnostics-locations/ and https://audiogridder.com/submitting-large-files/)
- Improved concurrency handling and interaction with the main message thread
- Moved config and log file locations to more appropriate locations on each OS (resolves #175, see https://audiogridder.com/bug-report-diagnostics-locations/)
- NEW Auto cleanup of log files and core files
- NEW Option to deactivate logging (resolves #175)
- NEW Plugin statistics window
- Allow remote server restarts
- Improved remote plugin loading code
- Avoid any blocking network I/O
- Relaxed CPU load updates to every 5 seconds and try to fetch them via mDNS rather than sending queries
- Added a separate MIDI FX plugin to solve some cases where either the instrument or the MIDI plugin was not detected (fixes #177)
- Added name suffixes to instrument and midi plugins to distinguish between them in hosts that show them side by side
- Fixed bottom cut-off of plugin UIs (fixes #189)
- Show error reason for plugin load failures
- Add optional confirmation before deleting a remote insert plugin
- Bug fixes
- NEW Server statistics window
- Allow server restarts
- Aggregate CPU load over a few seconds
- Updated plugin ID handling: reinstalled, moved or updated plugins should keep their ID’s which will make restoring DAW sessions more reliable (resolves #152)
- Improved I/O layout matching at plugin initialization
- Fixed recents list handling
- Allow parallel plugin loading to improve session load times
- Increased MJPEG quality on OSX
- Skip the first few captured frames to avoid flickering when switching plugin UIs
- Ask the user before killing the plugin scan
- Window handling improvements (avoid always on top windows, but make sure to bring them to the front)
- Bug fixes