What data do we collect?
- AudioGridder (since version 1.2) uses Sentry to collect information about crashes in the server application, the plugins (except for the AAX plugin) and the plugin tray application (hereafter known as Crash Data).
- This feature is enabled by default. Users can opt-out using the server settings window or plugin settings menu.
- Crash Data is uploaded securely to the Sentry servers.
- No personally identifying data is collected or transmitted by AudioGridder, with the possible exception of path names. If your home directory contains your name (e.g. /Users/My-real-name-is-Mike-Smith/ then your name would be included in Crash Data.)
- The application log file is also submitted as part of Crash Data. The server log file contains the plugin folders the server is scanning. Application logging can also be disabled in the server settings windows or plugin settings menu.
- No Sentry features have been enabled that collect or transmit any personal information about the user.
- Some information about the hardware and operating system is collected and transmitted.
- The location of the AudioGridder app bundle/executable in your filesystem is collected (e.g. /Applications/AudioGridderServer.app or C:\Program Files\AudioGridderServer\AudioGridderServer.exe)
- Your AudioGridder configuration is not collected or transmitted.
Why do we do this?
- It is very important to us that AudioGridder contain as few bugs as possible, particularly ones which cause it to crash.
- We need your help to make this happen, so we collect low level information about which part of AudioGridder has caused a crash, so we can fix it.
What we will never do?
- We will never attempt to identify AudioGridder users using the Crash Data.
- We will never sell any AudioGridder Crash Data.
- We will never distribute any AudioGridder Crash Data for any other purpose than the fixing of bugs (but for example we may share Crash Data with other developers who are assisting with fixing crash bugs).
How to disable crash reporting?
For AudioGridder Server:
Click on tray menu icon and choose Settings, untick “Send crash reports”, quit and re-open the application.
For AudioGridder Plugins:
Click the plugin settings menu icon, navigate to Diagnostics and untick “Send crash reports”. Close and re-load your DAW project/session.
Once disabled, the Sentry framework will no longer be initialised. We understand that many people wish to protect their privacy, or may run AudioGridder in an environment where transmitting any data is unacceptable. We ask that if at all possible, you help us to keep AudioGridder as bug-free as possible, by enabling Crash Reporting if you can.